Friday, January 6, 2012

While the rest make no headway or look back, he is the one who looks forward!

Hooray!!!

Today Hammill has announced about a special 7-disc life performance recording box set soon to be released.



It includes:

1 and 2 - September 2011 release of two programs out of four programs presented in Japan in 2010: "What if I forgot my guitar?" and "What if there were no piano?"

3 and 4 - next two programs: "What if I knew this was the last show I would ever do?" and "What if I played only VdGG/VdG songs?"

also:

5 - "What about songs I didn't play in Japan?"
6 - "What about songs I dropped from the setlists?"
7 - "What about the best alternate versions?"

Limited edition of 2000 sets. Release is set for February13, 2012.

It is specially stated that "even though it’s a box set (all the rage, it seems, these days) there are no signed artist’s plectra or sunglasses, no fourteenth mix of the fifteenth outtake, no surround sound revisitation." I have expressed my personal thanks for THIS in Peter's blog.

And then, in a few minutes I was informed that release date of the first three VdGG LPs was once again shifted to April 2012 (originally being set for November 17, 2011). And in the next few minutes I've learned about David Bowie being re-releasing his oooold material agaaaaain, probably in a new wrapper. I do respect Bowie, but regarding to what does he do.....and not only him......

And Hammill is now preparing his new studio solo album for release!

No comments:

Post a Comment