Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Small Tragedies

I don't remember if I told it here earlier, but I do read, listen to or watch anything new only then when it comes to me itself. I do not search for new mental bread by nature, instead it finds me.

I saw Pushkin's "Small Tragedies" directed by Mikhail Shvejtser in 1979. The genius of Pushkin in conjunction with Shvejtser's director talent gave birth to a wonderful classical result. Actor's play, originality of the screenplay (however curious it does sound here), music - magnificent are they all! Yes, one must be able to read Pushkin, to show him, one must relive the role. This can be done only by the real dramatic artists.

My highest emotional point was observed when I realized just how effective was the move of the Walsingham's song from the middle to the very end of "Feast in Time of Plague". Maybe it somehow changed the Pushkin's idea of the plot, but to Shvejtser's movie benefit undoubtedly.

Unfortunately, the duo of Vysotsky/Belokhvostikova was annoying. I believe in the same metamorphosis of "Cabaret"'s hero, but here - alas....

IMHO, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment