Monday, February 6, 2012

Russian equivalent of 'a songstory' word - My Choice

.... And Judge replied.

Not that I got blessing in his reply for using one of the variants and prohibition for the other, no. He just stated the key features that his neologism contains. It wouldn't be bad to keep them intact.

"I adopted it [the neologism], as much as anything else, for the sound of the word 'SSSSongSSSStory'. As long as your Russian version includes the idea of Narration or Storytelling, and the idea of singing or a song, and the word sounds attractive, it will work well."



I had three more days of choosing headache, and even came up with the third variant, but eventually, with a help from a couple of fresh pairs of ears on sober-minded heads, and one not sober (drunk, that was mine) I made my choice upon the latter variant: Песнесказ [p`es - ne - sk`az].

More on the development progress can be found here and here.

P.S. And now I reflect, is there a point in stretching the process of launching of these translations? Maybe both should go simultaneously? Let's see what Sergey suggests - he will actually be doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment