Friday, August 26, 2011

A.H.: "I'm wondering what will happen with all this stuff after my death......?"

Hi A.,

Oh, this kind of thoughts constantly comes to my mind too.

What I am surely know is that we know the price of all this stuff, but we should not hope that other should. What comes after us.... it is only now when we think that way. Probably after our days come we will not even care about that. I don't know.

Each item in our collections tells us a story and has its own history, but for others they are nothing more but pieces of paper or plastic. In my opinion, an item does not possess any value or significance if it is not owned by anybody. Of course, things like pictures and statues in museums, memorials, movies, music, etc. are sometimes "invaluable", and they become the property of humanity at some point. But our collections will require to be owned by somebody. It is that we want our collections to remain as they are, however perishable they are and we can do nothing about that....

But should we? This is the moment when another (helping) thought comes to my mind: survival is in living this moment (as if there is no future). The Universe will take care of the rest. Instead, I started getting rid of the things that I do not actually need: tapes, CDs, DVDs, books, furniture, clothes - everything should be filtered, and you know, it becomes some kind easier "to breath" so to say, when you take out another needless item from your house. It is like being honest to yourself.

Yes, it is very sad to see how precious collections are being sold through eBay-like facilities, however people do it. Many times they say "cleaning up my space", "lightening my home up", "I don't need them any longer", or just sell everything like Fred T. did recently. Even more it is sad when you know that this comes from a collection of someone who passed away. However, if we look back and think a little about people like Jamie we would see only happiness in their eyes. Great Big Man he was, and he Is. Didn't he know that he is going to die someday? Of course he did, but he didn't care. He was turning each new day into a special day, and enjoyed it. If only all people could do that!

We can do that, can't we? :-)

Indeed, this is the life and we've only time to be alive right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment