Saturday, April 28, 2012

Timeless

On the pages of the Book of Revelation we are promised another life, a better one and incomparable with what we currently carry on with. It's hard to believe sometimes, I understand. That's why I post here this video clip from a film by Terrence Malick "The Tree of Life". This is the Formation Scene. Music composed by Zbigniew Preisner.

Having seen this part for the first time I was frightened with the scenes, and captured with the voice and the music in the background. All of the subsequent views of this part of the movie carried me away, to unachievable far distance, in the centre of the Universe, and when I, breathless and cold, see those Horsehead and Crab Nebulae, when I feel roaring sea waves unseen in the black of the sunless Void, when I confirm my insignificance in the face of the Eternity and when I want to cryyyyy out as I just try to imagine my Home, my Mother Earth lost in those pictures of the Universe, and when those pictures roll on with the divine background - either harmonic sounds of nature or a human-created eternal music - I BELIEVE that a better life can be gained. If only knew my soul will be taken there afterwards....

But I won't be able to stay there eternally. Those visions are unbearable expressions of LOVE. Who would dare to see THIS forever?


Only tears in my eyes....

No comments:

Post a Comment